Theatre Day Surgery Unit
Birmingham Dental Hospital - Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Operating theatre suite with a scrub, 56m2 operating room, anaesthetic, lay up prep and dirty utility room.
- HTM/HBN compliant
- 3m internal FFL to ceiling height in the operating theatre
- Electrical plant room and rooftop plantdeck with AHU
- All group 1 equipment provided including operating theatre lamp, surgeon panel and two medical gas pendants in the operating theatre
- Two bed recovery
- Administration space inclusive of waiting area, staff change and staff rest
- Standalone (only requires water and power)
Complete Turnkey Package
ModuleCo Healthcare provided a complete turnkey package at Birmingham Dental Hospital, providing a fully compliant operating theatre, recovery and ancillary space. This was successfully installed in just 16 weeks from order to handover utilising our flexible hire solutions. The scheme included the design and build of the bespoke facility, together with all associated enabling and groundworks.
As the facility was to be used as a paediatric facility, our key aim was to create a relaxed and pleasant environment for children undergoing surgery. Working closely with the Trust, we focused on internal finishes which provided a calm and pleasant environment, rather than the often-overwhelming atmosphere created by a standard clinical finish.
Installing a modular facility into a newly completed and operational hospital presented a number of challenges, and it was of great importance to both the Trust and the landowner that disruption was kept to a minimum. The tight timescales faced by the Trust meant that a traditional build was not an option. Using our modular approach, we were able to offer a competitive 16-week programme, with only 2 weeks physically on site, including the commissioning period.
ModuleCo Healthcare's strategic planning brochures covered all aspects of the project and were critical to the project's success. They insured that the delivery and installation were meticulously discussed, planned and documented with the Trust prior to the work taking place.Back To Case Studies